Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Beginning of September

Kayla has become quite the smiler!


Cradle cap, again! And now too...it's on my to-do list for the week (!). At least Matthew has hair to cover it!


But I couldn't sleep (again!). He was in such a cute mood :)


To my older readers: remember this toy? Matthew and Kayla received it from a family in our church that also had twins. This was Kayla's first time playing with it.

Matthew watching (he hadn't mastered sitting yet at this point).


Labour Day:
Kayla watched Grandpa trim our front hedge and enjoyed playing with a piece.


Grandpa is so easily distracted from his work!


Time to cool off with a popsicle. Yes, for those wondering, it's a breast-milk popsicle. And yes, they love it (although the majority of my family thinks it's absolutely repulsive)! I think it's a great idea...I was inspired by the breast milk ice cream idea from MckMama.

Kayla likes to hold the popsicle herself.


Cooling off (again!) with a swim in a rubbermaid bin on the deck.

I think they were in it for about an hour!


Matthew's turn at the old toy!

And Kayla's turn to watch.


Kayla sitting in her newly-assembled high chair. They drown in it!

Sitting on the kitchen table, watching Daddy eat dinner.


What a stud.


Playing toys together.


Matthew woke up from his nap, drank a bottle, and fell asleep again. I cherished the moment and sat like this for 45 minutes before Jon came home from work. He took the picture at my request, and then asked if "this is what I did all day long." If only taking care of twins was that easy. :)


Cutie pie.


Cuddling, twin-style. (Sorry for the blurry picture - Jon's fault!)


Enjoying a swim in the pool.


Karate boy. Hiiiii ya!


I gave Kayla my "boy-doll" to play with. She loved the single tuft of hair he has on his head. (Side note: He was my birthday gift when I turned 8. My mom took me shopping and I was allowed to choose whichever doll I wanted. I took the only boy doll they had and named him 'Jonathan', after Jonathan Jansen, my long-time elementary school crush).

No comments:

Post a Comment