Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dropping a Pump

Leading up to today I've pumped three times daily: morning (7am), afternoon (between 12pm and 4pm), and evening (9pm). Starting today I'm only going to be pumping twice: morning (7am) and early evening (6pm). In the next week or two I'll drop another pump.

I feel a bit sad doing it. I've always had an overabundance of milk (don't believe me? See my freezer...and my parents' freezer!), so it's sad that I'm choosing to stop it. However, if I don't stop, I'll never get my cycle back. And until my cycle is back, I can't even think about a future baby.

It will be nice to not have to worry about pumping during the day, though!

I probably have almost two months' worth of milk frozen (maybe more?), so Matthew and Kayla will continue to receive my milk for a while (in case you were worried that they were getting weaned too young!). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment