Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Parenting Fail

I have a cold.  My sinuses are plugged, and so I can't smell or taste.  No fun.

Anyways...

Last night, Nathan woke up at 1am.  I was not impressed.  I was getting 'soft' with my I-won't-feed-you-before-3am rule, so I decided to pull up my socks and stick to it again.  I gave him his soother, and left the room with him crying.  We did this for 45 minutes...and he was getting ANGRY.  Every time I gave him his soother he would frantically try to grab my arm, hoping that I would take him out.  I was staying strong though!  At the 45 minute mark, Jon had had enough and so he went to Nathan's room to close the door.  When he came back, he told me that he thought it smelled like Nathan had a dirty diaper.  Uh oh.  I got out, took Nathan out to check, and sure enough, his butt was covered in a thick layer of poop.  I felt like the worst Mother in the world.  Because of my cold, I couldn't even smell it!  I would have left him in it (unknowingly), assuming that he was crying because he thought he was hungry.  After cleaning him up I cuddled him on the rocking chair and rocked him to sleep...trying to win some brownie points with him.  Parenting fail.

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby, and poor you. Hope your cold gets better and you don't pass it on to the kids.

    ReplyDelete