Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Olivia is 20 Months Old!

Olivia, at 20 months old you weigh 25.6  lb and are 33 5/8" tall.  You are comfortably in your 2T clothes and have started wearing size 7 shoes.

You are quite something.  When I'm asked what your personality is like, there are two words I like to give: sweet and stubborn.  You can be the cutest little girl with the sweetest little giggle when you are in a good mood, but when you are not, watch out!  You are stubborn!  You know what you want and you don't like to be told otherwise.  You have started hitting or crying/yelling to express your anger.  I had a fifteen minute battle with you the other day at the greenhouses when you didn't want to ride your bike; you wanted to be carried.  You picked the wrong person to fight with, because I too, am stubborn!  You screamed for fifteen minutes in the middle of shipping until you finally realized that I wasn't going to give in to you and you started to bike.  If you are refusing to listen to/do what I ask of you, a quick threat of being put to bed usually gets you to cooperate.



You LOVE being outside.  Often you cry when we walk from the car to the house because you just don't want to go inside.  We walked at Tynehead this past weekend and you ran 2/3 of it.  I'm not kidding.  You were in your element!  Just like Nathan at your age, you can often be found walking in the house with your boots on, waiting for someone to let you outside.  You are quickly figuring out how to jump on the trampoline.

{Olivia and Emma}


Your talking has really started to come along.  You can often be heard babbling away, and are gaining confidence in your ability to repeat words that are asked of you.  Off of the top of my head, your vocabulary includes:
Mommy, Daddy, Riley, help, me, mine, donkey, bunny, dog, bottle, baby, bike, car, boat, train, choo choo, colour, ball

{Olivia and Riley}


You love colouring.  Any time one of the older kids is colouring at the kitchen table, you can be found right there with them.  Now I just have to teach you how to put the marker lids on all the way!



You also love going swimming.  You have no fear.  You love going down the slide and going completely under the water.  I switched you over from your ring floaty to puddle jumpers and it took you a couple minutes to figure out how to balance yourself in the water with them, but then you were totally fine.  You throw a huge tantrum when we have to get out of the pool, regardless of how long we've been in there.  You tantrum the entire time you are being changed, and the entire time everyone else is getting changed.

You willingly let me do your hair each morning, which is wonderful.



You love bath time, even though you are often squished in with your older siblings.  You have recently discovered that it's fun to lay on your tummy in the bathtub and push yourself forwards and backwards.

You have begun to sleep through the night again, since your soother was taken away a month and a half ago.  There are still times when you wake up during the night crying, and if I'm in a tired daze I just end up taking you in bed with Daddy and I.  If I'm alert enough, I make you stay in your own crib.  Poor child, you don't know which version of me you are going to get each time!

No comments:

Post a Comment