Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ultrasound #5

And it's confirmed...one boy and one girl! Pretty exciting.

The ultrasound went really well. I had it done at MedRay this time and was very impressed. The building/equipment looks really new and I had a really young female technician. I would definitely request to go there again!
I had only drunk about 600 mLs of water this time, and even then the technician said that I could go pee before we started if I wanted to. I was fine, so we proceeded. She had a really hard time getting the Baby A's head measurement (the boy, on my left side, head-down), so she asked me if I would go pee and then she would try again. Eventually she got it, but she did call the boy stubborn. My reply was, "I wish I could say that he gets that from his father...but it's likely more from me." lol. She said the girl was very cooperative. The girl, Baby B, is still on my right, head-up.
This was the first ultrasound where I nearly passed out a couple times. I guess the pressure of her pushing down on my stomach while I was laying on my back was a little much for my lungs now. She let me lay on my side after that so that was a huge relief.

And for those who are curious, Baby A (the boy's) heart rate was 141 bpm and Baby B (the girl's) heart rate was 165 bpm.

Here are a couple pictures...looks like they saved really small when I scanned them. I'll have to try to rescan them...enjoy looking at them with a magnifying glass for now! The top picture is looking directly at Baby A's face and the bottom picture is a side profile of Baby B's head.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so exciting!!!! Nice to have it confirmed to hey? I can't wait to meet them and snuggle them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So 'they' are right what they about the heart beats....the girls being faster and boys slower......my babys at 143 if i remember right. I guess we'll see in time if it will be playing dolls with your girl, or trucks with your boy. Can't wait ;)

    ReplyDelete