Saturday, November 27, 2010

22 Weeks

Not much has happened over the past two weeks...

Jon felt the babies kick on Friday, November 19. It's pretty neat to see his reaction. I put his hand on my stomach and then you can see his eyes light up when he feels them. My mom felt them a couple nights ago and kind of gave a little shriek when they kicked. It was pretty funny. I feel them all the time now, and they're slowly getting stronger and stronger.

My stomach continues to grow and grow and grow. Most nights it feels pretty tight. The stretching is less annoying if I'm sitting down because then my body isn't stretched out. I've gained about 20 pounds so far. It's crazy! I'm starting to notice that I can't be on my feet for as long as before because my shins start to get sore...I guess from carrying the extra weight. I definitely don't do any window-shopping anymore! I get what I need and then I'm gone!

One thing I should have done at the beginning of my pregnancy was take a picture of my belly button. The change in it is absolutely crazy! I never would have imagined it. I've always been quite proud of my belly button (LOL I bet no one has ever said that before!)...it was a nice and deep innie. Now, I call it an Asian belly button...it looks like a slit in my stomach...there's no way you can even attempt to find the bottom because it's all squished together. I'm hoping it stays that way and doesn't pop out. Probably wishful thinking!

Jon and I have now purchased all of the major essentials for the babies. I don't think we paid full-price for anything; they have all been on sale. We did struggle with the car seats. I didn't like a lot of the fabric patterns, and then the ones I originally purchased didn't even fit into the backseat of the Jetta! If we were both shorter than it would have been fine because we could have moved our seats forward, but being 'taller' and driving a standard there wasn't much room for movement. We returned them and actually found two that I ended up liking better and were $20 cheaper each...and they only require Jon to pull the driver's seat about an inch closer. I never would have thought that we would have space issues with the Jetta! I guess it should only be for the first year max until they outgrow the car seats.

Hmm...I think that's it. I haven't looked at the 22-week picture Jon took of me yesterday, but if it's good enough, I'll add it to this post.

Our next appointment is an ultrasound on December 7th and then an appointment with Dr. Wagner on December 10th so I'll update again after both of those are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment