Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hello, BackCheck!

Today was my last day of being a 100% stay at home mom - my maternity leave is officially up.  So sad.  While I am grateful for having a full year off, I feel it went by too quickly.  I feel like I just left the office - and now I'm returning again.  I really don't know whether to be excited or sad - I'm quite a bit of both!  I love my job dearly - but I love my kids (and raising them myself) too.  Whenever I think about going to work tomorrow I get a sick feeling to my stomach.  I don't think it's nerves for the job itself, but nerves about leaving Matthew and Kayla and worry that they're going to be angry at me.  Oh well.  I just have to tell myself that (hopefully) this isn't forever!  Definitely grateful that they're being watched by my Mom, so I don't have to worry about paying for day care at all, and she's the next best thing for them if I'm (or Jon's) not around.  Hopefully they behave themselves!

Wish me luck!

P.S.  You know you haven't been to work for a year when you can't even remember what you used as a lunch bag.  I had to sit and think about it for a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment