Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So Cute

As I'm cooking dinner (yes, I'm actually cooking!  Carrot stumpot... easy enough!), Matthew and Kayla are playing outside on the deck.  They LOVE playing outside on the deck.  Kayla just runs back and forth and in circles, plays with toys, and then runs some more.  Matthew just lays there and watches her.  Anyways, Matthew was laying by the edge of the first landing to go down the stairs, playing with a toy (a part of a kids tool set that whistles when they blow in and out - they love it and often fight over it).  Suddenly, the toy slips out of his fingers and falls down onto the landing.  It's quite the drop, larger than your typical step.  He starts crying.  I start to head over there to get it for him, but I see that Kayla is already heading that way.  Curious as to what she'll do, I stop and watch.  Kayla climbs down onto the landing, picks up the toys, and takes it GIVES IT BACK TO MATTHEW!  WHAT?!?!  I couldn't believe my eyes!  I hope she remembers the amount of praise I gave her for being a kind sister the next time she tries to take one of his toys.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sweet Kayla! She sure has a sensitive heart towards her brother. Way to go Kayla!

    ReplyDelete