Thursday, May 31, 2012

Growing Up, But Still My Babies

So I did it.  I started weaning Matthew and Kayla from their bottles, going almost cold turkey.  I didn't give them a bottle at all today, except just before bed.  They definitely didn't drink as much as they should...but that will come as they get used to only drinking from sippy cups.  They quite enjoyed their before-bed bottle tonight!  My babies are growing up!

Kayla has been "working on her poo" since yesterday afternoon.  Yes, it sometimes is a day-long process for her.  We knew it wasn't going to be an easy night for her tonight unless she got it out.  We put her to bed with her sleeper only half on, to allow us easy access for a middle-of-the-night change.  She woke up a few times early into her sleep, but they were false alarms.  Around 10pm she woke up in hysterics, so I took her out of bed and brought her to my room, only to discover she had already gone.  YAY!  Unfortunately, Kayla's screaming and the commotion that ensued woke Matthew up (who had managed to sleep through all of her false alarms.  I rocked Kayla to sleep...enjoying every moment of it while trying to remember when the last time I rocked her to sleep was.  Once Kayla was asleep and in bed I rocked Matthew to sleep (relieving Jon of his attempts to put Matthew to sleep.  I swear it's been months...which of course I'm grateful for...but this was quite enjoyable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment