Sunday, May 26, 2013

26 Months Old

I was going to stop doing monthly entries, but I realized that they are still learning/developing on a monthly basis (especially Matthew) so I didn't want to forget when they started doing something.

Matthew:
- Weighs 24lb 7oz
- Is really starting to repeat words when you ask him to, although they may completely come out wrong.  For instance, "Oh" sounds likes "Ewe"
- Words:
     Miss (Missing)
     Bus
     Mo More (No More)
     Doot (George, as in Curious George)
     Noon (Moon)
     Boove (Move)
     Rain
     Osh (Orange)
     Big
     Da-You (Thank You)
     Dis (This)
     Man More (Lawn Mower)
     Peas (Please)
     Bye (He ALWAYS says this in a super high-pitched voice)
-  Loves smelling deoderant sticks.
- Is obsessed with vacuum cleaners and lawn mowers.  He's always the first to hear the cupboard with the vacuum cleaner opening, or the first to hear the lawn mower.  He doesn't necessarily have to do the vacuuming/lawn cutting himself...he just  loves to watch it.
- Still has a hard time eating rice.
- LOVES eating a 'prucky' of boiled potatoes, beans, and gravy.
- Loves it when he sees a city or school bus while driving
- Learned how to climb the chain link fence at my parents' house (because Kayla did it first).
- Recognizes and can name the letter 'O'.
- We started praying with Matthew and Kayla before and after their meals shortly after their second birthday (I know...something I never even thought to do until my Mom took the initiative and taught the prayers to Kayla).  Matthew's face lights up when we mention that it's time to pray.
- Loves watching anyone putting things together.  He follows my Dad around whenever he's outside.


Kayla:
- Weighs 25lb 12 oz.
- Has to have her blankie laid on her with a certain side touching her.  I guess she's realized that one side is softer than the other.
- Strings three to four words together, all the time.  Example: "Ma (Matthew) have yellow one!"
- Talks, all the time.  It's crazy when we hear her say words or phrases that we don't commonly use.  For instance, she picked up "Not Yet" and now uses it all the time (and correctly, too).
- Translated what Matthew wanted for me on April 25th.  He was crying in bed, so when I went in there I asked him what was wrong and Kayla piped up "golf club".  Turns out he was upset that Jon wouldn't let him sleep with his golf club in his crib.
- Is attached to having her water bottle with her...which is great because it increases her water consumption.
- Loves smelling things, especially flowers and deoderant sticks.  She's often the first to pick up a smell in a room or outside.
- LOVES eating a 'prucky' of boiled potatoes, beans, and gravy.
- Loves it when he sees a city or school bus while driving
- Learned how to climb the chain link fence at my parents' house.  No one even told her or showed her how to do it!
- Recognizes and can name the letters 'C', 'K', 'M', 'S', 'X', .  Can recognize the letters 'J', 'L'.
- We started praying with Matthew and Kayla before and after their meals shortly after their second birthday (I know...something I never even thought to do until my Mom took the initiative and taught the prayers to Kayla).  Now if we forget, Kayla will start praying on her own.
- Has started occassionally calling Matthew "Ma-yew".
- Knows what red/green streetlights mean:  "Green light, go!"  "Red light, stop!"
- Is very aware of the process of toilet training.  I overheard her telling her baby "Poop potty, wipe bum, sour key!"
- Has been quite successful over the past two months at peeing on the potty.  It's never something I've asked her to do...but if she mentions that she wants to pee on the potty then I'll bring it out and put her on it.  We start official potty training (for Kayla only) on June 5th (because I can't work for a week because my mom will be in Ontario).  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment