Thursday, May 30, 2013

21 Weeks & Ultrasound #2

I went for my detailed ultrasound on Tuesday, at 20 week + 6 days.  Unfortunately, the ultrasound technologist couldn't see the fetal four chamber heart very well so I had to have another ultrasound scheduled  for as soon as possible...which ends up being Friday, June 7 at 2:30.  It's exciting to have another ultrasound, but that's smack dab in the middle of when my mom aka babysitter is in Ontario.  What a pain.  Oh well, we'll figure something out!  Hopefully the next ultrasound will be a little more successful...otherwise I'll start to get worried!  Here are the measurements:

DATA

Heart Rate144
Lie/PositionCephalic
PlacentaAnterior
Amniotic Fluid VolumeNormal
Est. Fetal Weight456 g (1.0 lb)




MEASUREMENTS

Head Circ.199.5 mm21w6d
BPD52.2 mm21w3d
Abdominal Circ.169.6 mm21w2d
Femur36.7 mm21w5d
Cerebellum21.4 mm
Cisterna Magna5.4 mm
Lateral Ventricle8.2 mm
Gestational Age21 weeks + 4 days
As of my last ultrasound, I was measuring 2 days ahead of my dating - now I'm measuring 5 days ahead.  

I can't believe I'm over half done this pregnancy.  It really is going crazy fast...and I'm sure it's only going to go faster as the business of summer approaches.  

Baby Struik has really started kicking with force now.  A few times I've felt kicks right into my lower pelvis, and into a nerve.  A little annoying...but I love it.  I'm looking forward to the next few months when the kicks really start getting stronger.  Jon has felt the kicks, but they're so low most of the time that I haven't been able to give my Mom the opportunity to feel it yet.  

I've gained 19.5 lbs so far.  Oh my goodness.  My goal is to keep my weight gain less than the number of weeks I am.  I definitely do not want to be gaining more than 40 lbs!  Not much I can do about it though.  I feel I'm eating like my normal non-pregnant self, so it's just my body doing "it's thing".  I definitely view weight gain in a more negative light than I did with Matthew and Kayla.  I'm very conscious about whether or not I should be eating when I'm hungry, or if I should just try to ignore it.

Anyways, I think that's about it!  Here's a picture of Baby Struik to enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yay baby!!!
    It was nice to see you for a moment this morning. Ill continue to pray for a healthy baby and pregnancy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ultra sound picture, such a miracle! Prediction = GIRL(I'm usually wrong, so it probably is a boy)?????

    ReplyDelete