Saturday, October 18, 2014

Bye, Bye, Maternity Leave

I guess today's post should have been about Nathan's birthday, buuuuuuuuut...I haven't quite written that one yet nor do I really feel the desire.  Maybe tomorrow :).

I can't believe my maternity leave is over.  Actually, I can't believe I have to start work again.  Correction...I guess I don't have to...but it would be financially unwise for me to not return to work.  Trust me, I love my job.  I love my job so much that I always said I would do it for free, and I even went back to work this spring for four hours a week, even though my maternity leave was clawed back by 50% of whatever I made from working.  I just don't love that I have to return to work for 20 hours a week, spread over three days.  That's way too much.  I already didn't like working 15 hours a week when I returned to work last time...and now I have to go back for more.  Oh well - hopefully this isn't for the long-term!  lol.  Wishful thinking, maybe?




1 comment: