Wednesday, September 9, 2015

One Month Old!

I can't believe that Olivia is already one month old, but at the same time, I can't believe that she's only one month old.  It seems like she's been around forever - we've done so much already!  She definitely hasn't slowed us down at all.



Olivia, you now weigh 11lb even and are 23" tall.  You are starting to get rolls on your thighs :).  You still have very blue eyes and hair on your head, although your hair started to fall out a week and a half ago.  I suspect you'll be bald (at least on the top of your head) within the next couple of weeks - all I have to do is brush your hair and it falls out.  Like your older siblings, I'm sure it will grow back blonde.  A blonde haired, blue eyed girl just like me, maybe?  Ever since your umbilical cord came out prematurely (your hand accidentally grabbed it while I was bathing you in Penticton, and you pulled it out/snapped it in half), your belly button remains a super-outie.  It's actually starting to get a little less 'outie', which I'm sure you'll appreciate once you decide to start wearing two pieces at the beach!  You have a very strong neck.  I don't have to be very cautious about your neck flopping all over because you have very good control over it.  I even wore you forward-facing in the Bjorn today so you could look outwards and enjoy our hike.



You drink roughly 3.5-4oz of formula every 3 hours.  You've had a few evenings where you've had a longer stretch between feeds, but you typically are up every 3 hours.  You were a terrible drinker and a huge spitter up until yesterday, when I switched your bottle nipple to one with faster flow.  What used to take you roughly 40 minutes to drink now only takes you 15, and I think you've been spitting up less.  I'm hoping that continues, because it's gross when you spit up.


{"Mom, take a picture of me holding Olivia!" says Kayla ALL THE TIME}




You are SO LOVED by your siblings - Kayla and Nathan in particular.  Nathan smothers you.  He will come up to you many times a day and give you at least ten kisses on the top of your head.  It's not uncommon for you to have boogers in your hair because of him.  He also likes to lay right beside you or put his face right in front of yours while hovering on top of you.  Kayla loves to hold you.  She often asks me in the morning while I'm hustling around trying to get everyone ready for our day if she can hold you, to which I always say, "yes" because you're usually crying.  As soon as I put you in her arms you settle right down, and often fall asleep.  Kayla loves it, and I love it, too!



You are still sleeping in the bassinet in our room, but I don't think that it will last too much longer.  I find I'm waking up as soon as you stir and start to wake up, which makes me want to feed you right away so that I can get back to sleep.  It's probably best for you (and for me!) if you're fully awake and crying before I'm awake to feed you.  You'll be sleeping in Nathan's bedroom, so hopefully he sleeps through your cries!

You do smile, although it takes some work to get you to.  I probably manage to only get one smile a day out of you.



You are slightly spoiled and are stubborn.  You know exactly when you are being held and when you aren't, and you aren't afraid to complain if you want or don't want to be held.  It's cute :)



Olivia, you are such a blessing to us.  You are loved by everyone, and you definitely hold a special spot in our heart as the youngest child.  Nathan seemed to have grown up so quick that he is definitely closer developmentally to Matthew and Kayla than to you, so it makes having a baby around extra special.  You are a pretty content baby for the most part, so as long as you keep that up you'll keep us happy :) (Kidding!  We'll love you regardless!)



2 comments:

  1. So cute! So big! Koen used to spit up all the time (reflux) which was so hard :( Hope things improve in that department!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of Olivia. She is so cute! Love the sweater Oma made for her. It looks adorable on her!

    ReplyDelete