Sunday, March 6, 2016

Enjoying Every Moment

This evening I went to the hospital to visit my sister and newest nephew (which brings my niece/nephew count up to 23!  Yes, my kids have a LOT of cousins!).  Holding a newborn is such a good reminder of how quickly they grow up.  I went from holding a newborn to holding (almost) seven-month old Olivia and it's amazing/incredible/sad how quickly they grow up.  So tonight when I came home, instead of cleaning up the toys all over the house like I normally would have while Olivia waited to be put to bed, I spent some quality one-on-one time with her, cherishing the moment because tomorrow, she will be another day older and another day wiser.

2 comments:

  1. Theres 23??!! Wowza! Is that on both yours & Jon's sides?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I/we have 17 nieces/nephews on the Struik side and 6 on the Vander Ende side. It's crazy when either side of the family gets together!

      Delete