Sunday, September 4, 2016

Nathan is 34 months old!

There's nothing new to report on Nathan, except:

HE IS FINALLY POTTY TRAINED!

I'm not even sure how it all happened!  At the end of July and beginning of August I was starting to get really frustrated over his lack of remorse when he had an accident, so...I started "punishing" him.  Rather than just talking to him about what he did while I cleaned him up, I started showering him off with cold water to clean him up.  He did not like that!  I think it worked though, because just before we left for Penticton on August 13th he started telling us when he had to go to the bathroom and started going to the washroom himself.  SO AMAZING!  I was not looking forward to dealing with potty training while camping, but in the end, I didn't have to worry about it.  He had one accident in the entire two weeks we were camping.  Just one!  And since then, he's been perfect.  So exciting.  After every successful trip to the washroom he would say, "I'm getting big like Matthew and Kayla!  You don't have to call me baby Nathan anymore!"

No comments:

Post a Comment