Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tomorrow is a Beginning...

Tomorrow, Matthew and Kayla's first day of Kindergarten, is the beginning of a new "season" in my life.  For the next seventeen years, until June 2033, I will be parenting school-aged kids.  I don't feel old enough!

I'm excited for Matthew and Kayla.  They are more than ready for school, and Jon and I are excited for all of their imaginary friends to be exchanged for real ones.  (Side note:  Kayla told me that one of her friends is 81 and is going to die soon!).  They are lucky to have each other as they start this new season in their lives, too.  Everything is always easier when you have your best friend with you.

I'm not-so-excited for me.  Luckily, I am blessed to also have Nathan and Olivia, because I don't know what I would do if I had to send my only two children to school and be left with a quiet house.  It's time for Nathan and Olivia to forge a unique bond as they only have each other for a few days of the week.

Now, to make sure that I don't sleep in tomorrow!  

P.S.  I graduated high school in 2003...and Olivia will graduate thirty years later, in 2033.  That's kinda neat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment