Saturday, February 26, 2011

35 Weeks + Dr.'s Appointment #10 + Fetal Monitoring #2

Fatigue has set in. No matter how much I sleep at night, I find myself yawning as soon as I get up. I'm working 4 hours each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, and have all of Wednesdays off. It's a good balance right now. I'll probably follow this schedule for another week and then will re-assess.

Jon was at Fleetwood Park until 9:00/10:00pm every night this week. I think I ate at my parents' house every night this week as a result. I always struggled to find the desire to cook, and now, with the increased fatigue and only having to cook for one, my desire is even less. Thankfully, my mom doesn't mind to cook for one extra :)

I've also started to have swollen ankles and feet for the last week or so. I wear flip-flops to work because my dress shoes are too tight. I still manage to fit into my runners when I have to leave the house for appointments. I had Jon take a picture last Saturday:

The babies were much more active with this second fetal monitoring appointment. They were almost too active! I couldn't leave until they saw each baby have at least one minute of 'down' time, where their heartbeats were relaxed. The entire monitoring took about 30 minutes, which wasn't too bad. My next fetal monitoring appointment is on Wednesday (and I will continue to go every Wednesday until I deliver).

I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday, and she said everything is looking good. She figures that if I were to deliver now, the babies would both be able to go home with me right away, which is good! The longer I can keep them in me, the better (for them! They're starting to reek havoc on my skin...Jon pointed out some stretch marks under my stomach that I couldn't see! Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be complaining. I didn't honestly expect to come out of a twin pregnancy with no stretch marks).

I gained 4 pounds since last week, making my weight gain at 45 lbs. I now weigh the same as Jon. He nearly died.

I'm pretty comfortable for the most part. I do get tired of lugging around my stomach every now and then, and I look forward to clothes actually fitting me. It's nice to have a large selection of 'comfy' clothes to choose from, because they're pretty much all I wear right now.

Can you believe that in less than 3 weeks, they'll be born? I can't. Jon can't. It's a little bit scary. We'd both be fine with another 3 months. Maybe by then we'd feel ready for what's going to hit us!

Hmmm...what else? Oh! I know! Pet peeve: people who park their car too close to mine! How do they expect for me to climb into the driver's seat of my car when they only give me 1 foot to open my car door?!?!?!? Also, it's become difficult to sit on the toilet. I find I just have to stand in front of the toilet and drop, hoping my butt lands on the seat. I can't do it slowly because I can't see the toilet seat anyways, and my muscles aren't strong enough to prevent me from just dropping. Luckily, there's no room on either side of the toilet for me to miss. It would be pretty funny if Jon woke up in the middle of the night to me sitting beside the toilet lol.

I'm still in the process of giving our house a good clean. I wiped down and cleaned up the fridge today. On the list for this week is: wiping down the freezer in the fridge and washing the walls in the bathroom. I think the latter has been on my to-do list for 4 months. I'm running out of time to get it done, so I'm hoping by telling everyone that I'm going to do it will keep me accountable to actually doing it. I also intend to make a pot of soup tomorrow.

Here are my 35-week pictures:

3 weeks left...but who knows, maybe this is my last pre-baby post? I'm quite enjoying being pregnant, so it will be sad to not feel them moving around anymore. Maybe if I hadn't have had such an easy pregnancy I would be more 'ready' for them to be born?

5 comments:

  1. Your little boy and little girl sure have grown in the last 2 weeks since your last picture. It sure is a blessing that your pregnancy is going along so well and also that you have a Mom next door who is providing you with meals. I can't believe the time is so close to having your babies. I can't wait to meet them. Wishing you health and strength in the coming weeks Jon and Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some crazy swollen feet! I can't believe how close its getting to them being born! So exciting! Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your belly has reached the door handle now. I can't believe what a difference 2 week makes. You are going to be huge if it takes 3 more weeks! I would love to go with you to the ultra sound on Wednesday if that's okay with you. Let me know. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...those are some swollen feet!! And you've already grown since last week! Have fun going 3 more weeks if thats whats in store for you ;) Can't wait to meet them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally bummed i live so far away. I want to meet those two right away when they come :( oh well. I am excited for a new niece and nephew and i think you are looking awesome!
    All the best in these last few weeks.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete