Sunday, March 6, 2011

36 Weeks + Dr.'s Appointment #11 + Fetal Monitoring #3

Here's what all happened since last week's post:


Wednesday - Fetal Monitoring
Went really well...the nurse laughed at how active the babies were. She figures that Baby B (girl) is the one that instigates all of the playing/fighting because her heart rate was always the first to increase when there was movement. Baby A was more active though, which could be a reason as to why he is a little smaller. I had a braxton hicks contraction while I was there so it was neat to see the line on the paper slowly ascend, and then descend.

Friday - Doctor's Appointment
My blood pressure is still perfect and both babies' heart rates were good. Dr. Huckell is quite impressed at how well I am doing. She says it doesn't happen very often where women with twin pregnancies are doing as well as I am. If everything continues this way and I haven't had the babies before my next appointment (Thursday), then she'll set up a time for the hospital to induce me the next week. Won't be long before they're here!

My mom is definitely getting impatient, which makes each day funny. Long gone are the days where she would wait on me hand and foot so that I wouldn't go into labour early...now all she talks about is sending me for long walks to Two Ee's. Too funny.

Anyways, Jon wants to go in the hot tub (oh man, can't wait to do THAT again!), so I'm going to finish up with a picture:

Maybe THIS will be the last picture?

2 comments:

  1. yay! Those babies are growing :) Any day now! I'm getting impatient too!! Do you know if there is a twins club in surrey? The one here had twin nursing pillows and free clothes up to 5T...not that you'll need that by the looks of things already!! They also had play groups and other events going on....just maybe something you'd be interested in or wanted to look into. And i found some old magazines that i subscribed to called 'twin magazine'. The write ups are kinda lame but it was still fun to look at all the pictures. I'll try to remember to pass them on to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I thought you couldn't grow any bigger, but your stomach has almost surpassed the door knob.
    You look great Laura! 1 - 2 weeks yet, CRAZY!
    Can't wait to meet them.

    ReplyDelete