Monday, April 4, 2011

Our Quirks...

Kayla:
Do not let her cute appearance deceive you....it's all a part of her master plan. She knows exactly what she's doing...
1. When she's crying, all you have to do is pick her up and she stops. It didn't take her long to figure that out.
2. Kayla has, what I like to refer to as, "UBS"...uncontrollable bladder syndrome. In other words, she likes to pee at random moments...most often just after her morning bath once she is wrapped up in her towel. My mom is usually the target of these pees...I've told her to start keeping spare clothes here as Kayla's UBS acts up almost daily. I think we have to wash the change pad cover daily. I even went out to buy a second one...and the other day she peed on both.

Kayla and her Grandpa. We've had quite a few people mention that she looks like him...which makes sense because I've always been told that I look like my Grandma Vander Ende, as has my Dad.

Matthew:
I'm not quite sure what's quirky about him yet. He's pretty content to just lay there and stare up at you with big eyes. Although...he did have an episode of "UBS" himself on Sunday (yesterday) morning. I was giving him his final diaper change before heading to church when I noticed he started to pee. Not wanting him to get his outfit wet, I had two options: 1) Turn him towards myself and sacrifice the outfit I was wearing, or 2) Turn him towards the wall. I chose option two...so he peed against his bedroom wall.

Matthew holding his own bottle.

Jon:
What about Jon isn't quirky? :) Kidding, Jon.

Myself:
Oh man, where to begin. I have always been a crazy dreamer...but now it's to the extreme. Here is an example of what I've been dreaming, almost nightly (as per Jon):

Scenario: I'm in bed, sleeping. Jon enters the room to come to bed. I tend to pull the blankets to my side of the bed so Jon has to give them a little pull towards his side before he can climb into bed. The moment I feel the pull of the blankets, this happens:

Laura: "Hey, be careful! She is lying beside me."
Jon: "Who is beside you?"
Laura: "Kayla."
Jon:"Really? Because I was just holding her on the couch and then put her in the crib." (Jon starts laughing)
Laura: (Mad face and an exhale of disgust)

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the conversation and realize what I'm saying...other times I wake up believing what I'm saying, and so I try not to move too much because I swear that I'm holding a baby, and I get frustrated when I can't figure out where the baby is under the mass of blankets on me. I often get scared to feel the blankets in my arms in case one of the babies actually IS under there. It's really quite funny when you think about it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like your sleep deprived :) Do you have it when your in the shower and you could swear one of the babies is screaming, but when you get out, everything is peaceful and they're both sound asleep? It happened to me when i was blow drying my hair too.
    Thanks for the pictures! They're so darn cute! We need to see more though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful picture of Kayla and her grandfather. She totally looks like him! I love your stories about the family quirks.....too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete