Thursday, August 11, 2011

...and Let's Start August!

Good MOOOOOORNING! Matthew and Kayla in their matching Tigger and Piglet pajamas (thanks Uncle John and Aunt Grace!).

I meant to bring the pajamas to our family reunion so that Uncle John and Aunt Grace could see them on Matthew and Kayla in person, but I forgot. I also forgot their fuzzy blankets. That's what happens when you don't write a 'to pack' list. Thank goodness we were only in Ft. Langley so my Dad was able to bring them when he visited. Penticton isn't so close...so as I'm writing this blog and uploading pictures I'm writing a list.

Bumbos
Kayla is quite an independent girl. She seldom likes to be cuddled, and much prefers to sit and play with toys rather than laying down to play with them. This, however, is quite difficult, because she can't sit (unassisted) yet. I had never intended on buying Matthew and Kayla Bumbos, but the benefit of providing Kayla a sense of independence while still two free hands was too tempting to pass up. I scoured craigslist and found a lady in Cloverdale selling two with trays, a blue and lilac one. Bumbos (with trays) retail for over $80 + tax each. I paid only $75 for both. I was pretty excited!

First time in them, checking things out...



I don't have the trays on the Bumbos yet because they tend to drop their toys to their side anyways. Once they've mastered the whole 'keep the toys on the tray' concept I'll add them on. I look forward to using the Bumbos in Penticton on the beach! That way, when it's weather in the 30s (fingers crossed), our sweating bodies won't have to hold a sweaty baby.


Pt. Roberts
Matthew, Kayla, and I went with Jon's Environmental Education class on a field trip to Pt. Roberts. I'm still not exactly sure what the point of the field trip was, but it was fun! We went with the kids in the stroller only to find out that we had to hike through a forest on a trail that was not stroller friendly. We left the stroller on the trail as soon as it was too narrow, and carried Matthew and Kayla downhill the rest of the way. Correction, Jon's professor (Sandra) carried Kayla while I carried Matthew. We ended up on the beach, and followed it for a bit until we came to a sand/clay cliff. Amazing!



Jon and I left earlier than his class, so we had to do an uphill hike back all by ourselves. I nearly died. It's hard enough hiking uphill by yourself, let alone when you're carrying a baby. I was kicking myself for leaving the Baby Bjorn at home.

Sandra fell in love with Kayla. Hopefully this will help Jon's mark?


Helping Daddy Cut the Lawn...
It's official, my brother David and Laura (and the in-utero twins!) are moving to Ontario. Not only are we losing half of the residents of our house, but we are losing our yard man as well. The responsibility for the yard upkeep will now be shifting to Jon. Lucky him!?!? David has been super busy so Jon offered to cut the lawn this past week.

We spent the afternoon outside, watching Jon cut the lawn. Life is rough :)








And some other random pictures...

Playing with Mommy, and then playing with Daddy. Notice the two different styles? I prefer the cuddles, Jon prefers the rough-housing!




Playing in the exersaucer. They're getting so good at it!

I thought Kayla's hair was looking a little reddish in colour, but Jon pointed out that it was actually cradle cap. I stationed Kayla in her Bumbo in front of the tv (her favourite place to be!) and oiled and combed it out. Matthew had cradle cap about a month ago.

And we'll finish with a smile from Matthew!

We head to Penticton on Saturday. Hopefully I'll get around to posting shortly after we return the following Friday evening!

2 comments:

  1. They are SO cute! I love their little personalities. I gotta come by and see them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of Matthew and Kayla in their bumbo seats on the lawn. It looks like Kayla is starting to share a humorous story with Matthew. So cute!

    ReplyDelete