Thursday, August 11, 2011

Let's Finish off July...

I seriously need to start updating this blog as soon as I've taken pictures. Having to go through pictures trying to decide which ones to post becomes an even more daunting task when you keep putting it off.

So, here goes:

Cultus Lake Trip #2 - July 2011
Matthew and Kayla started out this camping trip with bad colds: runny noses and coughs.


Matthew and Kayla were allowed to lay under their playmat while my parents were setting up the trailer (Not fair! They didn't have to help!). Melissa asked if she could let them try one of her dropjes, and I said, "sure!"



When they had finished sucking on the dropje (and yes, they both LOVED them. Did you honestly think otherwise though? Jon and I can easily polish off $10 worth in a day.), Melissa offered the rest of their dropje to me. I didn't want the slobber-covered dropje to go to waste, so I took it. I nearly died when I started sucking on it...it was a DOUBLE ZOUT! Matthew and Kayla must have died licking it! Matthew had a ring of brown dropje around his mouth from licking his lips later on.


We slept in the trailer the entire trip this time. Thank goodness. Kayla was quite a handful when it came to getting her to fall asleep at night. I think I said once or twice that I was never going camping again with her.


Matthew and Kayla tried out the baby swing on the playground for the first time. It's a pretty sweet swing because you can fit two babies back to back!



Since being home...
...Kayla has NOT slept through the night. Not even once. GRRR. I was so angry at her after a week of her not sleeping through that I had to leave her in her crib screaming for a moment. I could not handle being near her for fear that I might lose it. I've since settled into the routine of having to feed her in the middle of the night again so all is well. If this is a growth spurt, I'm hoping it will stop soon. I can tell that she's gaining weight quicker than Matthew now (due to the extra feed). She's getting heavy! Hopefully when we're back from our last camping trip of the summer I can start working on dropping that middle-of-the-night feed again.

Kayla "helping" me with laundry

BIG Bath!
I've still been bathing Matthew and Kayla in their baby bath in the sink, but I have started putting them in the "big" bathtub if I have extra time in the morning. Once they're sitting I think I'll stop bathing them in the sink and will always do it in the tub. It's just so convenient in the kitchen where I can stand up to wash them!




Camping Trip #3 - Fort Langley - Vleeming Family Reunion
Every other summer we have a Vleeming family reunion (my mom's side of the family) in Fort Langley. It's always so much fun! We always have a ring toss tournament on the Saturday of the August long weekend and a balloon toss competition on the Sunday. Did I mention that it's always a lot of fun?

The mosquitoes were pretty bad, so I made sure to have Matthew and Kayla in pants and long sleeves all day. I did not want them to be covered in mosquito bites like Jon and I!



I think Grandpa quite enjoyed spending a lot of time with Matthew and Kayla!


Matthew and Kayla with their second-cousin Josie (born two days after them). They're going to have a lot of fun at the next reunion in two years! Terrible twos x 3. Yikes.

We were right on the edge of a large grass field, which was perfect for the little kids (the playground was close by) and for the big kids (football anyone)?

No comments:

Post a Comment