Wednesday, March 27, 2013

12 Weeks

I feel so bad for Baby Struik.  I've intentionally not blogged much about this pregnancy because I don't want to get too caught up in it.  I don't want to get excited, and then be let down again.  I hadn't even taken any weekly pictures until today, which marks 12 weeks.  I started taking weekly pictures at 9 weeks with Matthew and Kayla and with the summer baby.  Oh well, too late now!  Sorry, Baby Struik.

Anyways, this pregnancy is probably the most scary one I've had....which causes me to be extra cautious, but extra aware of my body.  I'm definitely far more crampy than with my other two pregnancies, but I'm wondering if that's because I'm working three times a week plus having to take care of Matthew and Kayla.  With Matthew and Kayla's pregnancy I could lay on the couch all afternoon/evening if I wanted to.  So far, so good though...so I guess the cramping has been a good thing.

I allowed myself to pull out my maternity clothes this past weekend, after the 'successful' ultrasound, because all of my pants were getting far to tight.  So nice to be in maternity jeans again.  About a month ago I bought a huge bag full of summer maternity clothes off of my facebook swap for only $30, and most of it is super cute.  Definitely looking forward to warm weather so I can wear some capris!  Anyways, since I made the switch to maternity jeans, my uterus has definitely been more content.

I go to bed earlier than usual...usually around 10pm, but I think that's because I'm still recuperating from a busy birthday-week for Matthew and Kayla.  I've also been working mornings rather than afternoons while Jon has been on Spring Break, so I'm not allowing myself to "sleep in" at all either.

Kayla actually got a little mad at me today for wanting to carry her.  We were walking home from the greenhouses and she was going so slow because she was getting tired.  I asked her three times if I could carry her and each time she said "No!  Baby!"  Finally, after the third time she gave in to me.

All in all, I feel good.  For a few weeks I would feel 'off' at night.  Hungry, but not hungry.  Nauseous, but not nauseous   It's hard to describe.  It doesn't happen nearly as often anymore, which is nice.

I'm looking forward to being 13 weeks.  My last goal was to make it past my summer baby miscarriage date of 11 weeks 3 days, so now that I've past that my next goal is 13 weeks. and then I should be updating a little more regularly.

2 comments:

  1. You look great Laura! Love the bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. baby struik doesn't want to hide any longer! looking great, laura

    ReplyDelete