Thursday, July 25, 2013

29 Weeks & Dr.'s Appointment

I feel like because this is a singleton pregnancy and not my first, that doctor's appointments are more annoying and a waste of time, rather than exciting.  My appointment this morning was at 8:30...but I didn't get home until 10:15 because the doctor had forgotten to give me a prescription to pick-up my RhoGan injection, and so after my appointment I had to speed-walk to the hospital's lab, who informed me that my doctor's office (Surrey Prenatal Clinic) had given me the wrong patient's information...but they had my information in the system so it wasn't too big of a deal, and then speed-walk back to the doctor's office to get my injection.  She was totally trying to make things comfortable for me but I told her that needles and injections don't phase me as I had given myself plenty for in vitro.  And then I reminded her that I had told her that I would be her easiest patient.  Which, I think I am.

Things are still going well with Baby Struik.  My blood pressure was 110/60, and Baby Struik's heart rate was around 145 bpm.  I'm measuring 30 weeks...which is dead on with my ultrasound measurements as my last ultrasound dated the baby 6 days ahead.

It's crazy to think that Baby Struik is almost full-term in length...s/he just needs to fatten up now.  

I've gained 31 lbs so far.  Yikes.  I dread weighing myself all the time!  I swear I've been eating what I normally do when I'm not pregnant...NOTHING like what I was eating with Matthew and Kayla's pregnancy...but I just can't stop gaining weight!  Here's hoping that either a) I stop gaining so much weight and b) it's easy to lose this weight after again.

I'm really starting to grow out of my clothes...tops in particular.  Nothing fits the same any more and everything is too short...maternity clothes included.  That's the problem when you're tall...it's hard to find clothes to fit properly!

I failed to mention in my 28 week post that one of my major symptoms this pregnancy is the swelling of my ankles/feet on days that I work.  I remember it only happening at the end of my pregnancy with Matthew and Kayla...but this time, on the days I work, it hurts to walk when I get home because my ankles are all puffed out.  That's the problem with a desk job, I guess.  

Anyways, all is going well.

Hugs for Baby Struik.  I guess that makes up for all of the times they're jabbing their elbows into my tummy!


4 comments:

  1. 29 weeks already! Wow so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Laura! Love the pictures of Kayla & Matthew hugging your stomach...........had to laugh at Matthew though, hugging you with his eyes closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to mention in my previous post............I absolutely love your new profile picture, Matthew & Kayla are so darn cute and are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete