Sunday, July 7, 2013

All Moved In...Well, Almost

It has been a crazy two weeks.  With an extremely fast closing/possession date we were busy getting our financial affairs in order, while meeting with the inspector, the lawyer, and frequent communication with our realtor.  It all came together though!  The initial plan was to move in on Saturday, June 29, but we didn't realize that when you get your carpets cleaned it takes 8-10 hours to dry so we moved over one BLG truck full of furniture/boxes, put it in the garage, scoured the super-disgusting, grime-filled kitchen and pantry, and then called it a night and slept at my parents'.  The next day (Sunday) we skipped church (tsk tsk) and finished our move.

Matthew and Kayla transitioned easily to the 'new' house.  The only set-back is that we've moved them into their big-kid beds, and so they enjoy the freedom they have of being able to climb in and out of their beds at nap/bed time.  That would have been expected, regardless of when we made the switch from cribs, so I'm glad we did it at the same time we moved.  I didn't intend to move them out of their cribs until September, but it seemed pointless to set-up two cribs again.

It has been wonderful having more than one bathroom.  You no longer hear me threatening to go pee in the kitchen sink if Jon doesn't hurry and get off the toilet :).  And now with Kayla using the toilet too...well, that just wouldn't really work well to all share one toilet.  On the downside...I was having trouble keeping one bathroom clean and now I have four...yikes.  Can't wait 'til I'm not working and have tons of free time (haha...I may be underestimating how much time a newborn takes...it's been a while!!).

We're nicely settling in, trying to make it smell like 'our' home rather than someone else's.  We still have a few car-fulls of stuff to take out of my parents' crawlspace, but we'll do that each time we visit.  Most of it is just baby-related stuff anyways.

It's been a busy weekend, filled with a lot of cleaning and family functions, so I'm going to try to nap now while Jon, Matthew, and Kayla are so that I can get through the evening without yawning.  This week will be busy...working Monday and Tuesday and then leaving for Cultus Lake Wednesday morning...so I have a lot to do between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment