Monday, January 27, 2014

Bed Time at Grandma's

Jon and I have joined a 'Bible and Theology' class for young-ish couples/singles at church.  Every other Monday night we meet from 7-9pm.  During this time, Matthew, Kayla, and Nathan are babysat by my parents.  Tonight was only the second meeting, and because we were meeting further away I told my parents that they could put Matthew and Kayla to bed, and we would just transfer them to the car.  When we got back to my parents after class, my Mom said that she had put them both to sleep in her room (all the other rooms are being occupied by my brother and his family visiting from Ontario), and so even though they had gone to bed at 8pm, they didn't fall asleep until about 9pm.  Jon went upstairs to get them while I started packing up Nathan.  When I had finished I went upstairs to help Jon, but he was already done, and Matthew and Kayla were cheerfully walking down the stairs.  I was puzzled as to why they weren't acting sleepy, and Jon laughed when he said that when he walked into the room they weren't sleeping, but watching the tv in my parents' room.  HAHA.  When we asked Kayla about it, she denied her involvement: "Me was sleeping while Mahyew was watching tv."  Too funny.  Matthew has definitely taken an interest in learning which buttons to press on the remote to operate the tv, so I wouldn't doubt that it was all his idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment