Thursday, April 9, 2015

24 Weeks - Where's Mom's Baby?

*There is another new, but way more boring with no pictures, post below this one*

Last week, while Jon was cooking dinner (SO thankful for a husband that enjoys cooking, because I do not...and then to have to cook on days that I work would suck!), I mentioned to him that he had to take my weekly pregnancy photo still.  Apparently Nathan heard our conversation, because 30 seconds later he appeared carrying my camera and saying, "Dad.  Dad.  Dad." and passed the camera to Jon.

Tonight, I reminded Jon that he had to take my weekly picture (I know, two days late, again!), and so Jon specifically asked Nathan to pass him the camera.  Nathan enjoys standing beside me for the picture, so today I asked him, "Nathan, where's Mom's baby?"  I've only mentioned to him twice where my baby is, so I was curious how he would respond.  This is his response:


Pretty darn cute, if you ask me.  

Miss Baby Struik continues to be a very calm in-utero baby.  I typically don't feel very much movement during the day, but I don't know if that's because I typically don't sit around very much and so probably aren't noticing it, or if she just likes to sleep.  Hopefully she'll keep up the sleeping part :).  I did have one evening where I didn't think I had felt her move, so when I woke up in the middle of the night I pushed my stomach around until it woke her up and she gave me a kick...and then we both fell asleep again.  I keep reminding myself that I'm only 24 weeks and so I have (the Lord willing) another 16+ weeks for her to grow stronger.  I keep thinking of Jon's cousin who delivered at 25 weeks.  

What else is new?  I've started to get braxton hicks contractions on a once-daily basis.  I typically sleep really well at night...I probably only get up once to do pee every other night.  My weight gain is up to 19+ lbs now.  Yikes.  I feel like I've grown so much bigger in the last couple weeks, and can't imagine my stomach growing for another 16+ weeks.  I compared my weekly picture to my 24 week picture when I was pregnant with Nathan and I think I'm pretty comparable in size, even though my ultrasound dates me as just over 23 weeks.  Oh man.  My doctor said she would send me for another ultrasound a little later in my pregnancy so that they can get a rough idea on the size.  I'm not expecting another 10.5 pound baby, but I was hoping for a small 8 pounder.  We'll see, I guess!  Only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment