Thursday, April 16, 2015

Fun at Crescent Beach

I'm not the type of person to stay at home...I like to get out of the house everyday to do something, and it doesn't matter if it's something big or something small, just something.

Because of the forecasted nice weather, I knew I wanted to be outside today.  I planned with my sister-in-law Laura to take our 'herd' of kids to Derby Reach (with my Mom, too), but changed that last-minute this morning to Crescent Beach when I realized just how nice it was going to be.

The kids had an absolute blast.  They were entertained with buckets, shovels, sand, shells, and water for over three hours.  It was a little chilly at first, but after lunch my kids changed into their shorts and little-did-I-know, came home sporting some sweet farmer's tans.  The breeze was so deceiving as to how warm it actually was!







The water wasn't even that cool because we were by an 'inlet' of water.



We definitely received a few looks of craziness when people saw these six kids so close in age and then only Laura and I.

Total tangent, but something that's slightly amusing...when we are all together with my side of the family the grand-kids are grouped by age, and are affectionately referred to as:

The big kids:
Matthew & Kayla - 4 years old
Remy & Carly - 3.25 years old

The little boys:
Liam - 20 months old
Nathan - 18 months old (almost!)
Jackson - 17 months old (almost!)

The baby:
Emma - 6 weeks old

Anyways...back to the pictures...






Pointing to the airplane.




Love this picture of the girls.  They get along so well, and get along well with Matthew too...although they have all started to say "girls only" when they are hanging out and don't want Matthew with them.  Matthew desperately needs the 'little boys' to grow up a little quicker!




Nathan and Liam sat by this log for quite a while, playing with the rocks on it.



Can't forget about this little girl!  She's such a great baby, I'm sure people didn't even realize we had a 7th child there too!




The girls insisted that I come and take a picture of them on the bench...


...and then they wanted one of just the 'big' kids...


...and one of just the 'little' boys...


...and one of them standing on the bench....



...and what are the chances that we would meet Jackson there, too?  Gotta take another picture to include all of the Vander Ende grand-kids!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a nice day you had. Nice to be with all the cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan & Liam look a lot alike in one of the pics of the two of them!! That IS a lot of kids!! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete