Thursday, June 18, 2015

20 Months Old!



Sorry, Nathan, but I missed blogging about you at 19 months.  Better now than never, though!

Nathan has picked up a few new words these past two months:
Bubble
Balloon (Ba-boon)
Me
Baby
Banana (Moves his tongue from side to side while making a monotone sound...hard to explain!)



He has mastered driving my parents' kids ride-on-tractor (except for the steering part!) and has mastered jumping on the trampoline.

Nathan has recently picked up a bad habit from his cousin, Liam.  When he is angry or when he wants to be a pest, he goes up to someone and says "Da Da" while hitting them.  (Liam would always say "Doe Doe").  So frustrating, but so cute!  He knows exactly what he is doing too, so if/when I bring him to time-out he is laughing the whole way there.



He feeds himself all of his meals, unless he starts throwing food/utensils because he has decided he doesn't want to eat anymore - then I take over for him.

He is quickly learning how to drink out of a regular cup.  He is good if the cup only has a swallow or two in it, but if there is more than that then he often tips the cup too quickly and ends up with a wet shirt.

Nathan dislikes having dirty hands or a dirty shirt, so if I want him to stop doing something that is causing him either to get dirty then I just explain that he's making it dirty and he quickly stops.

He loves wrestling and pushing people over.  His favourite people to wrestle are Jon and Matthew.  Matthew, unfortunately, typically does not like to be wrestled.  It doesn't help that if Nathan is laying on top of Matthew, Matthew cannot move.  Matthew also likes to lay on the floor which allows Nathan to quickly lay on top of him, even if Matthew wants to wrestle or not.

(Nathan wrestling an all-wrapped-up Matthew, against Matthew's will)

Nathan has gotten two of his eye teeth this past month, and I can see the other two so it's only a matter of days.  He has a more difficult time teething than Matthew or Kayla did.  My sleep is usually interrupted a few times at night by him crying.  Poor kid.



Nathan loves routine.  The mornings that Jon drops him off at my Mom's he knows to take off his sandals, go to the front window to wave goodbye to Jon, and then he runs to grab Lacey's (my parents' dog's) food bowl and he helps my Mom fill it and then puts it outside for her.  He knows our bathtime routine and will grab the bubble bath before I can even ask him too.  He typically goes to bed without any complaints, too, because the routine is always the same.



He goes to bed at the same time as Matthew and Kayla, around 8pm, and will sleep until 7am.  When he wakes up, he calls my name until I come.

(Nathan playing with rice (as sensory play) for the very first time.  He did really well!  I was nervous that he was just going to dump it all on the carpet, but he didn't - he managed to keep most of it on the blanket!)


No comments:

Post a Comment