Wednesday, June 10, 2015

33 Weeks

I had to check a pregnancy app on my phone to tell me how far along in my pregnancy I am.  Sad, isn't it?  With Matthew and Kayla I was reading all about pregnancy all the time.  This time, it's about every week or two that I check to see what Miss Baby Struik is up to.

My weight gain has slowed down the past couple of weeks - I've gained 29.5 pounds so far.  I think it definitely helps that I was camping for five days last week so I was quite active, going swimming a few times a day and biking around.  I forgot how easy it is to get a sunburn on a pregnant belly - I think I was in the pool for only about 45 minutes and I came out with a slightly red tummy.  Ooops.  It was also interesting trying to mount Jon's bicycle with Nathan in the baby carrier in the back.  I couldn't swing my leg over the seat so I had to lift it high enough to get over the centre bar, meanwhile keeping the bike balanced so Nathan wouldn't fall.  

Miss Baby Struik likes to kick at my right side; seldom do I feel kicks directly onto my left.  She's getting quite strong and so I often find myself poking my stomach at whatever body part she is trying to poke out at me.  

I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow (I've been going every two weeks) and so I'm hoping that she'll fill out the requisition for me to have another ultrasound done.  I'm dying to know how big (or little?) Miss Baby Struik is.  Based on my belly size with my pregnancy with Nathan, all of the medical staff thought I was having the typical 8lb baby.  Nope, he turned out to be 10lb 8oz!  My fundal measurement has been pretty on-par with where I am in my pregnancy (according to their dates), but at my last appointment I was 30weeks + 4days and measured 32 weeks so I'm gaining now.  It will be interesting to see what I am measuring tomorrow.  I keep saying that I want to give birth to a baby this time, and not a toddler :)

Matthew mentions on a weekly basis that, "Your tummy is getting big, Mom" and Nathan likes to point to my tummy and say, "Baby".  Kayla doesn't really mention anything about it at all, unless we're talking about baby items, such as clothing or soothers, etc.

I think I only have two weeks of work left, which will be nice.  It will be nice to have a little extra time to get the house cleaner and tidier before Miss Baby Struik arrives.  Between my working and various appointments and camping trips, we haven't had much time around the house.  I did manage to clean my ensuite shower and wash a bunch of walls yesterday, both of which hadn't been done for a while, so I was proud of myself.

Anyways, I should head to bed.  Nathan has been teething the past couple of weeks (two eye-teeth down, two to go) and is not sleeping as well as he normally does so I have to make sure I get to bed at a reasonable time so that I stay rested.  We're hoping to head to the waterpark tomorrow to spend some time enjoying this hot weather we've been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment