Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Olivia is Starting Solids

Like I did with Nathan, I'm starting Olivia on baby food quite quickly, and for two reasons: 1) the quicker she needs to rely on formula for all of her nutrition, the cheaper it will be for me, and 2) maybe having food in her belly will help her sleep better at night (which didn't work for Nathan at all).  She was definitely ready to start eating food as she was really starting to watch us eat and try to grab for it.

In her stocking she conveniently received a package of rice cereal.  How perfect!

Our first attempt did not go over as well as I had anticipated because I tried to do it right after she woke up from a nap.  Whoops.  There were some tears shed from her because all she wanted was a bottle.  I stopped, fed her a bottle, and then tried again.  She LOVED it.  She loves her rice cereal and is always reaching for my hand to bring the spoon closer to her mouth.  I started with giving her 1 tsp in a sitting, and now she is eating 3 tsps, twice daily (in the morning and shortly after dinner).







No comments:

Post a Comment