Sunday, June 12, 2016

Kid Quotes

I've been trying to write down some of the cute conversations we've been having over the past few months :).



~~~


Matthew and Kayla were shaking tambourines that they had made in Children's Church.  I asked them why they had made tambourines, to which they replied, "Because Jesus was at a wedding!"  I asked them what had happened at the wedding and they explained that they had run out of wine so Jesus had people put water into jugs and it became wine right away! which they thought was great.  I asked them if I could do that, and they said, "No."  I asked them if Pastor Tom could do that, and Kayla answered, "No, he's not magic!"

~~~

Matthew and Kayla were sitting at the kitchen table, crafting, when I heard:
Kayla, to Matthew:  "Matthew, do you like Nathan?"
Matthew:  "Yes"
Kayla:  "I don't really.  I'm not really a boy."

~ ~ ~

(I didn't pick up on this conversation until mid-way through)

Matthew:  "...in your heart, like where Jesus lives."
Kayla:  "Did you know God is everywhere?"
Matthew:  "Like on the road?  Like on the houses?"
Kayla:  "Everywhere."
Matthew:  "Like on the roof?  I can't see him."
Kayla:  "Matthew, you're being silly.  You can't see God.  He's everywhere."

~~~

Matthew, to Kayla:  "Mom will be dead before you get married."

~~~

Matthew:  "You will have to find a different boy to marry."
Kayla:  "You will have to find a different girl to marry."
(Because they are becoming aware that they can't marry each other)

~~~

Kayla:  "Can two girls get married?"
Matthew:  "No!"

~~~

Kayla, to me:  "I only can sleep for like 10 minutes at night.  That's why I'm so tired in the morning."

~~~

Matthew, while watching Jon pouring glasses of milk for dinner:  "Mom!  You're going to have another baby with all that milk!"
Jon:  "Do you want Mom to have another baby?"
Matthew:  "Yes, cuz I love troubles."  (We call Olivia 'Trouble').

~~~

Nathan (upon seeing new hair clips Kayla received):  "I want to have long hair."
Me:  "Then you would look like a girl!"
Nathan:  "I want to be a girl."
Me:  "Then Liam (cousin) wouldn't want to play with you because you're a girl."
Nathan thinks about it, and then blurts out excitedly:  "I will ask Liam if he wants to be a girl!"


~~~

Matthew, Kayla, and Nathan are all playing outside.  Nathan is sitting on a chair and is telling the others what to do.
Nathan:  "Do a somersault!"  Matthew and Kayla do it.
Nathan:  "Climb on the table!"  Matthew and Kayla do it.
Nathan:  "Go to the sandbox!"  Matthew and Kayla do.
When I asked them what they were playing, Matthew said:  "Nathan's our minister!"

1 comment:

  1. I love that Nathan is excitedly going to ask Liam if he wants to be a girl! Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete