Sunday, July 3, 2016

Love my Kids!

 
Matthew, my "best big boy".  He is my go-to for a big hug or a big laugh.  He loves to make people laugh, and loves to laugh at people.  His laugh always puts a smile on my face.  No one can make Matthew laugh harder than Kayla can, though...and she's not even that funny!  It's must be their twin-connection or something because most of the time she's just being a little weird when he's laughing :).  Matthew loves to play games.  He doesn't care if it's a card game or a board game, if you're willing to play with him, he'll play whatever!  Matthew also loves to ride his bike.  Even after his big bike crash a month ago he wasn't afraid to get back on his bike.

Kayla, my "best big girl".  She is my mini-me, in personality.  Although she is technically our second-born, being a twin makes her have a shared first-born status...and she fills that role perfectly.  She likes things to be clean and organized.  She likes to think of good rules that would benefit our household: "Mom, how about a rule that if you are done playing with something you put it away before you play with something else?"  She loves to try on clothes, to see which are too small and which now fit (which is a fantastic quality because her wardrobe is 96% second-hand so we get them bags at a time).  When she has a melt-down, she absolutely loses it.  Her melt-downs rattle everyone because 99.999% of the time she is a great kid.

Nathan, my "best little boy".  He is my go-to for sarcasm.  He also likes to think things through and asks a lot of questions, which is also just the stage of development he is at.  Ever since my brother got married on the May long weekend Nathan has been talking about weddings and who he can and cannot marry.  He first wanted to marry Olivia, but I said no, because she is his sister.  He asked about Kayla, and I said no, because she is his sister, too.  I said he had to meet a different girl, when he was bigger.  He asked if he could marry me, because I'm a bigger girl.  I said no, because Daddy already married me.  "Did he give you your rings?" he asked.  

Olivia, my "best little girl".  She is trouble.  She is very independent and does not require much attention from me at all.  She likes to test her abilities, to see what she can and cannot do, but is also cautious and so she hasn't had too many big falls yet.  She completely knows how to walk, but usually chooses to crawl instead of walk so she is not a "walker" just yet.  She hates strangers, so please, don't say hi to her if you happen to see us because she will scream in fear.  She loves me though, and that's all that matters :).  She has slept through the night 5 of the last 6 nights so I think she's going to be completely done with that middle-of-the-night bottle soon!  I think I will miss it, though.  Not much beats rocking in a rocking chair with your baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment