Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blood Test #2 - August 3 - Results

I had my second blood test yesterday and received the results this afternoon: my hcG level was (is?) at 12560 mIU/ml. That's really good! The numbers have nicely doubled (and then some) as they are supposed to so that's comforting!

I'm starting to sleep quite poorly at night - ever since we came home from Kelowna. Without fail, I wake up in the middle of the night and have the hardest time falling back to sleep. I find this is really starting to drain my energy, and the mugginess of today is not helping. I just want to sleep!

I've felt a few cramps over yesterday and today (they come and go ever few hours), so I'm hoping it's just my uterus growing (hopefully to accommodate two!).

Because I have A- blood the nurse did tell me that if I start to experience bleeding at all I have to call them immediately.

Our next appointment with Genesis is for August 12th, where we'll have our first ultrasound done (internal, thank goodness!). They should be able to see the heartbeat(s) then. That will be exciting!

Anyways, Jon is home from work and I need to think about dinner...augh.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your #'s have multiplied so much! That's so exciting! We'll be gone Aug. 12, but you know I'll be checking Mike's phone every hour so you better update ASAP!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finally wrote on your blog! I've been checking ALL day! So glad to hear that things are well. Granting you much patience until August 12th! And that you'll be able to sleep better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! We hope and pray the numbers keep going up! I can't wait till your in your second trimester...or third or the birth actually ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its August 9th today and I'm just updating myself with your last news. That's exciting that the numbers are up. Three more days and you'll find out more. Here's hoping and praying for more good news! Hope you are sleeping better now that the air has cooled down.

    ReplyDelete