Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blood Test #1 - July 26 - Results

With all of the excitement of last week I forgot to post what our results were! I'm sorry!

Our hcG level for our first blood test was 1112 mIU/ml. This number is supposed to double approximately every 48-72 hours if the pregnancy is going smoothly.

There is such a wide range in what is considered the "normal" hcG level that it's not even worth looking at or comparing to see if we have a singleton or twins right now. We are just hoping and praying that the level continues to double as it's supposed to.

We went to Fintry Provincial Park in Kelowna on Wednesday morning (July 28th) to camp with Jon's family for a few days. We had a great time! I missed being able to run around and play with the kids (like a kid!), but I guess that's a part of 'growing up'? I'm definitely starting to miss that aspect already! But, I shouldn't complain. I had a lot more months to play with the kids than Jon and I had ever imagined I would.

I felt really good camping. I took my last progesterone on Thursday evening and I noticed that my cramping subsided (coincidence? or was that a side effect that I was experiencing?). I did nap every afternoon, but I was also staying up way later and getting up earlier than I was used to. It was also very warm which would drain the energy out of anyone! All in all, it was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment