Thursday, August 19, 2010

8 Weeks

Today marks 8 weeks. YAY! I think we've known for 3.5 weeks now that I'm pregnant, so luckily time is passing pretty quickly. I found that this past week I was thinking ahead more...boys? girls? both? layout of room? stroller?...which kind of scares me because I'm starting to bank on everything working out perfectly...so I don't have to remind myself that there still are 4/5 weeks before things are more 'safe'. Luckily we have another ultrasound on Tuesday so we'll be able to see the progress of their growth and measure their heartbeats. Hopefully both are still doing great!

I think I'll start taking the classic 'belly shots' for week 9. I'm hoping to always take the picture in the same place in the house so we couldn't take it today anyways because we're not home. There's not much to see (unless you want to see my fat?). lol.


Week 7 Symptoms

HUNGRY? I don't seem to be quite as hungry as last week, although I do make sure that I'm eating frequently. My portions at breakfast, lunch, and dinner have decreased, probably due to the fact that I'm eating more often.

CRAVINGS? Nope, not really.

POOR SLEEPS AT NIGHT? YES. I guess it doesn't help that we're camping so when I wake up it's boiling hot in the tent. Thank goodness we brough along a bedside fan so that I can stay in the tent a little longer in the morning to try to sleep before I die of heat.

MORNING SICKNESS? Not at all. I started a new type of prenatal vitamin on Sunday (given to my by Genesis) and the directions say to take the morning pill on an empty stomach for optimal absorption. I did that...and felt quite naucious that morning until I ate a meal and allowed for that to digest. I didn't throw up though! Since then, I've been taking it after I've eaten a few graham crackers. I think I've been quite fortunate...although maybe it could start yet? What's the latest that anyone's had it start?

WEIGHT GAIN? Not quite sure, it's been a while since I've been on a weigh scale and I haven't had to wear pants at all this week. It's been a bathing suit for the majority of the day...and I've gotten used to my slightly larger midsection.

MILD CRAMPING? Yes, on and off all day long. Not overly painful, just a bit annoying. At least I know my uterus is growing! It's been my one constant symptom and so it's been comforting because it's a reminder that yes, I am pregnant.

SHORTNESS OF BREATH? Yes, but I think that's because of the extreme heat here in Penticton (it's been upper 30s every day). I spend about half of the afternoon in my parents' trailer, enjoying the a/c. If I'm outside for too long I absolutely die.

I think that's it for now...if I think of something I'll add it in later, but I wanted to get the basics down before I forgot.

I'll update again with our ultrasound results/pictures on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment