Saturday, November 13, 2010

20 Weeks + Dr.'s Appointment #4 + Ultrasound Results

So I have to apologize in advance for this posting. Not because it's a day late, but because I can't get the formatting correct. I wanted to add a table to this post but Blogger doesn't have a feature that will allow me to do that (at least, not that I found), so I had to recall my Grade 10 computers class HTML coding and do it manually. And for some reason, I can't figure out why it's putting a HUGE gap between my writing and the table.

I have to admit that I wasn't 100% truthful about what all happened at my last ultrasound. I didn't lie, but I didn't tell you everything I knew. For those of you that don't know me really well, I am a curious, likes to know everything about everyone, kind of person. As the technician was performing the ultrasound last week, I was paying very close attention to every measurement he took and what he was typing into the computer. For the most part, it was all in codes and abbreviations I could not understand. However, there came a moment when he was taking the cutest butt shot of Baby B. And when I say cute, I mean cute. I don't think I've ever seen a cuter butt before lol. Anyways, he started to scan up and down, up and down, up and down. My thoughts were "oh man, he's totally checking for gender right now." Do you think I looked away? No. I figured he's been typing in code all along so far, why wouldn't he now? Especially since I know that they aren't allowed to release information about the gender to patients. As I was watching the computer screen the technician typed in the chromosomes of Baby B. Either they think that people aren't very smart, or they don't really care if their patients see what they are typing. Because I saw the first set of chromosomes, I had to watch him scan Baby A and enter in the chromosomes. I was hoping to confirm what I saw with Dr. Wagner at my appointment yesterday, but the ultrasound place didn't even give her that information. That was going to be my big news, telling you what I saw. I've been going back and forth trying to decide whether or not I still want to tell people what I think they are, and so that was the reason for the delay of this entry. My final decision is to tell everyone, BUT, keep in mind, this is NOT confirmed. Dr. Wagner is scheduling my next ultrasound at MedRay Imaging in Coquitlam because she's heard from patients that they are still releasing gender information. So...drum roll please...the gender(s) of the babies are...

BABY A = Boy
BABY B = Girl

We're pretty excited! Although, because we couldn't confirm it yesterday I find myself a little more hesitant to get excited.

There's nothing else really to share. I definitely feel them moving around more and more each day. It's pretty cool! Dr. Wagner took my fundal measurement and I measured 25 cm. If I were having a singleton than I would be measuring approximately 20 cm. She said I was doing good in weight gain, but would like to see my gain 5 to 6 more pounds in the next month. It's such a strange concept to stand on the weigh scale hoping to have gained weight lol.

Dr. Wagner is also going to refer me to Dr. Caitlin Huckell for the remainder of my pregnancy and for the delivery, but if she can't see me in the next month then Dr. Wagner will do my next appointment too.

I think that's it. I've included the results from my last ultrasound below. I know that they may not be of interest to most of you, but I'm using this blog to help me keep record of everything. The more I include in here, the less I have to remember! (I should note that I don't agree with the heart rates below. Baby A has always been lower than Baby B, so maybe the technician reversed them?) I'm also going to add the results from my previous ultrasound in the approriate post too, in case you're interested in seeing the change over 6 weeks.

Have a great weekend everyone!


DATABABY ABABY B
Heart Rate152142
Lie/PositionCephalicFrank Breech
Placenta PositionPosteriorRight Lateral Wall
Est. Fetal Weight288 g321 g
FETAL ANATOMY
HeartNormalNormal
StomachNormalNormal
KidneysNormalNormal
BladderNormalNormal
SpineNormalNormal
3 Vessel CordNormalNormal
DiaphragmNormalNormal
MEASUREMENTS
Head Circ.170 mm169 mm
BPD46.3 mm45 mm
Abdominal Circ.143 mm144 mm
Femur28.7 mm32.7 mm
Cerebellum19 mm19 mm
Cisterna Magna5.2 mm5 mm
Lateral Ventricle7.6 mm8.9 mm
Gestational Age19 weeks + 1 day19 weeks + 3 days

6 comments:

  1. I'm getting so excited for you guys!! And Medray is awesome. I had a great experience there, I hope you guys do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you guys! A baby girl and baby boy! Keep eating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valley Medical Imaging in Langley and Abbotsford will definitely tell you the gender, so you could try going there if you don't find out at the place in Coquitlam. In fact, the tech at Valley pretty much gave it away that Makenna was a girl even though we told her we didn't want to know!

    ReplyDelete