Friday, November 5, 2010

19 Weeks (Halfway!) + Ultrasound #4

I cannot believe that I'm halfway already...and that's counting on making it all the way to 38 weeks! Crazy. It seems like I'm running out of time to get ready!

It's been a while since I've posted last because not much has changed. My pregnancy still continues to be easy...at least that's what I'm told! I had a couple days where one of the babies must have been pinching one of my nerves because every time my movement involved my butt (ie. walking, sitting down, standing up, etc) it hurt lol. Glad to say that's gone now! My skin feels very tight at night...almost to the point where if I keep standing up I think I'm going to split open lol. Laying down helps because I can curl up. I've also started trying to weigh myself at home weekly to somewhat track my weight gain. I think I've probably gained about 15 lbs so far...it's hard to say because I don't know what I weighed when I started the in vitro process. 15 lbs is probably pretty close though. Maybe I'm halfway with the weight gain too?


We had another ultrasound today which went great. Well, except for the part that I didn't re-read the ultrasound instructions in the morning so when I came hope from work at 12pm (for a 1 o'clock appointment) I went pee and then started drinking my water. The instructions said to have your last pee 2 hours before and to be done drinking by 1 hour before. Oops. I chugged the full 1 L of water this time in hopes that enough would work its way through my system before my appointment. The technician didn't say anything so I must have been fine.


This experience was better than the last one. It was in a nicer facility, the technician was nicer, they had a better ultrasound machine, and I could see the screen better. He also only took 20 minutes, even though I was scheduled for a one-hour twin ultrasound! He said everything is looking good! He took the time to show us each baby and showed us the membrane that's separating the two of them. Baby A (top two pictures) is on my left side, laying head down, and was sucking its thumb at one point. Baby B (bottom two pictures) is on my right side and is now laying head up.


Here are the pictures from today's ultrasound:



I'm definitely feeling them now. My first feeling/kick was a week ago Thursday, but was first thing in the morning so I wasn't even paying attention. I thought I felt something, but being a newbie to the experience I thought I would wait to say anything until I felt it again...that way I would know for sure I wasn't just imagining things. Sure enough, on Sunday morning, I felt the kick in the same spot again. Since then, I've felt more pokes...usually a few times a day.


As promised a long time ago, here is a picture of me (taken today!):



Tummy is starting to get there! I love feeling it...I think I could be pregnant permanently. There is something pretty cool about a nice hard, round stomach. I'm thinking it might get pretty annoying once it's bigger though? lol. For now, I'm enjoying every moment of this!

2 comments:

  1. What little miracles eh? and half way, so exciting. I am so glad and thankful that your pregnancy is going so well. You are looking great too! Thanks for posting a picture. Are you guys going to find out the sexes or keep it a surprise?? I pray for a continued healthy pregnancy and can't wait to meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby bump! That's awesome that you're halfway there already, and are feeling good.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete