Saturday, October 1, 2011

The End of September

Just some more pictures...

Matthew chomping on his links in his pajamas.


Best Buds.


Looks who's learning something new! Learning how to stand beside things! She would much rather stand next to the exersaucer than to stand in the exersaucer.


Matthew loves being in the exersaucer.


Fake smile. She's started doing this expression every time I point the camera at her. Smart girl.


Matthew just stares when the camera is pointed at him.


Both Matthew and Kayla like to suck in their lower lip. As I was looking at Jon's baby pictures I noticed he was doing the same thing when he was about their age. Cute :)


Sorta matching outfits. I try to dress them somewhat alike some days. Usually it only works to get them both in jeans, or both in overalls...but I managed to put these two outfits together to match pretty good! It worked well because it was "comfy" clothes day...for me too :)


Another picture?

I love his big eyes. He has really nice eyelashes, too. Well, at least nicer than Kayla's. Same with his belly button...his is more of an innie than Kayla's (and thus is nicer...no offense to those of you who have outies!). I've realized that I have a thing for belly buttons. I mentioned my own a few times in my pregnancy blog entries. Unfortunately, my beautiful belly button never returned to normal. It went from being a beautiful innie pre-pregnancy, to a little line during pregnancy, to a sloppy hole with a little 'hood' overtop post-pregnancy. Unless I pull my excess stomach skin up...then it's beautiful again. LOL. But do I really care?


Playing with Daddy after he came home from TOC-ing (hence Jon's outfit).

Father-daughter #1.


Father-daughter cuddles.


If he doesn't have his links at hand, often Matthew can be caught chomping on his thumb, exactly like this.


So cute.


I love being half-naked. And I love my feet.


Kayla trying to pull herself up.


Matthew's all-time favourite toy (although I failed to mention it in my previous post). He's amazing at getting the circles spinning around the centre axis. It reminds me of a mini solar system or the shells of an element (in Chemistry terms).


I dressed Matthew and Kayla in "church" clothes one day because I was curious as to if they fit them yet.

Fake smile #2.


Watching tv (oops). See Kayla in the background?

Now look. See what Matthew has to put up with all the time?

Aww. He sure does love his little sister. It's actually quite cute how much he likes her. The other morning I had them in the play pen so they could play in there while I was pumping. Kayla must have fallen over, because she was laying on her back kicking at the 'wall'. Matthew was just sitting there killing himself laughing at her.


5 Minutes According to Matthew, Part 1

I like looking at all of the pictures in my book!

Kayla, get off my book!

Kayla move it!

Fake smile #3.


5 Minutes According to Matthew, Part 2

Uh Mom? A little help here please? Kayla's coming...

MOM! Can you put the camera down and come quickly please?

Too late. She's already got a hold of my foot...again! What is it about my socks that she loves?

3 comments:

  1. I love it! All the pictures and Matthews stories. sooo cute! They are getting so big.
    Please give them a big hug from auntie Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how aggressive Kayla is- such a go-getter! And her fake smiles are hilarious! Matthew seems so laid back and his eyes are beautiful. I love how geeky you are with your chemistry talk, so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stories. You sure portray their personalities well. Kayla's fake smiles are hilarious and Matthew, he sure does have beautiful big eyes.

    ReplyDelete