Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Missing Grandma

My parents left for Ontario (to visit David, Laura, Remy, & Carly) at noon on Thursday, September 13th.  The next day, when we were at my parents' house to use the trampoline, Matthew stood by the sliding door looking for my mom.  Minutes later, when Kayla was on the trampoline, she pointed to the house and did her hand expressions "where?".

I downloaded Skype and let Matthew and Kayla talk to my mom last night.  I thought it might help Kayla understand that my mom was not around (Kayla frequently Skypes with Remy and Carly).  Kayla just stared at my mom on the computer, expressionless.  Ten minutes after we finished Skyping, I heard the latch of our deck gate open and close.  I excitedly exclaimed to Kayla, "Guess who's here?  Go look!".  She ran to the kitchen to check it out.  Candice came to the living room, and said Kayla didn't even smile when she saw it was Candice.  Kayla then came to the living room...and her lower lip started to stick out and the largest tears started rolling down her cheeks.  I think she thought it was going to be my mom visiting...not Candice...and was so disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment