Sunday, September 16, 2012

No More Soothers

After we got home from church this morning I decided (with Jon's consent) to take away Matthew and Kayla's soothers.  Hopefully they learn to soothe themselves quickly!

I put them down for their afternoon nap at 12:10pm...and of course they're crying...let's see how long for!!

I had always said that at the end of the summer around their 18 month birthday I would take them away...and so I figured now is a perfect time to do so.  My parents are both in Ontario and so our weekly plans/activities are at a minimum, so I should have little temptation to give in to them and the flexibility to attend/not attend things depending on how they're doing.

Wish us luck!!

(They were asleep by 12:35pm - not bad!  But only slept for one hour:( )

*UPDATE:  Kayla fell asleep tonight within 15 minutes of being put down, with only 5 minutes of crying.  Matthew fell asleep in 45 minutes with only 10 minutes of crying.  Hopefully it stays this easy!

1 comment:

  1. It must be so hard to hear them crying without their soothers.....you are a good mom, Laura! Hang in there and wishing you much success.

    ReplyDelete