Friday, June 28, 2013

Ultrasound #3 (June 7)

I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but I had to go for a third ultrasound shortly after my detailed ultrasound (ultrasound #2) because they couldn't see the heart chambers.  It took a while for me to get the results of this one because they wouldn't let me see them until I had another doctor's appointment, which I just had yesterday.  Here's the results from June 7 (when I was 22 weeks 2 days):

DATA

Heart Rate164
Lie/PositionVariable
PlacentaAnterior
Est. Fetal Weight614 g (1.35 lb)




MEASUREMENTS

Head Circ.216.9 mm23w2d
BPD56.9 mm22w6d
Abdominal Circ.188.8 mm23w0d
Femur41.9 mm23w3d
Cerebellum23 mm
Cisterna Magna8.9 mm
Lateral Ventricle9.3 mm
Gestational Age23 weeks + 1 day
I guess I've also failed to mention that I know what the gender of Baby Struik is. I'm sure many of you are thinking, "What?!?! I thought you didn't want to find out?!?!". To which my response is, "I didn't." At my last appointment (4 weeks ago), Dr. Ng walked into the examination room and said, "Oh, so you're having a XXXX!" I was quite disappointed and slightly depressed that I knew, as I was hoping that this one would be a surprise. Oh well, we're still keeping it a surprise from everyone else! I didn't want to mention that I knew what the gender was until it was confirmed on this third ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment