Thursday, September 12, 2013

36 Weeks

...and I feel fabulous, SO much better than at 34 weeks!  I 100% believe it's because I haven't been working at all, and so I'm not getting up at 5:30am and not coming home with swollen ankles and a sore tummy.  It's amazing.  If you had ask me how I was doing at 34 weeks I would have said, "I'm done."  Now, I would say "I could be pregnant forever."  Such a nice change.

I had my 36 week doctor's appointment at 8:30 this morning.  It was a bit of a mad-dash this morning, but we made it there on time.  We were let into the exam room right away, and Matthew and Kayla each took a seat with their package of rockets waiting.  They knew that they had to wait until the doctor came in the room before they could eat them.  They did SO GOOD...considering the doctor didn't come until 20 minutes later.  And it wasn't even my doctor, it was a 'substitute'.  Lame.  Anyways, she was impressed with my pregnancy/delivery with Matthew and Kayla.  By feeling my stomach, she's forecasted that Baby Struik will be born at over 8lbs, which is kind of what I was expecting.  I was hoping Baby Struik would be small enough so that s/he could wear Matthew/Kayla's take home outfit...but I guess I'll have to go shopping.  Blood pressure is still good, and Baby Struik is still head down which is even better.

To make our morning even more interesting, I was told I had to get blood work this morning to get my hemoglobin re-tested, so Matthew and Kayla came in tow for that.  And they did great again :).  On our way out of BC Biomedical (the one beside Surrey Memorial Hospital), Kayla noticed a construction worker on top of a large (10 storey?) building they are constructing and asked "How he get up there?"  It was cute.

After BC Biomedical we went to Extra foods to get a few groceries, and then we had to bring my Dad to the airport (Abbotsford), and then drove out to Ladner to spend the afternoon in the Bandstra pool.  That was two hours of straight driving for me.  Worth it though!  We came home and cleaned up the mess of toys so that Jon could vacuum (much to Matthew's delight).  At 7pm Kayla's two-day cold took a definite turn for the worse, and her voice started getting very sick sounding and her mood took a downward spiral quite quickly.  She's spent the last two nights sleeping on our bedroom floor because she hasn't been sleeping well in her bed (I believe due to her cold), but I'm hoping she'll fall in a super deep sleep tonight to last on her own.  (She sleeps on the floor because I don't sleep well anymore with them in our bed (they're too big, and I'm too big).  She actually did well!  Although she woke up totally off her blanket and in the corner of the room this morning!).



Probably one of the best free things I've picked up yet.  Jon picked it up after work, so Matthew and Kayla had no idea until the next day.  Kayla came running into the house saying, "Look, Mom!", when she saw it in the garage.  They actually are very good about taking turns.  Sometimes, they'll even each hold a handle and walk around with it.


You know you grew up with four sisters when you don't think twice about putting nail polish on your daughter...


Lunch was waffles today.  In the middle of the kitchen because there were too many crumbs under their chairs (which is why we vacuumed this evening).  Kayla was really cute in holding her baby so that she could also feed baby at the same time (hence the bib on the baby and the doll plate).



And then she wanted to feed Matthew, which is usually okay with him.


He didn't want to be fed...so she proceeded to put her hand on his head to prevent him from looking away.  I guess she's picked that up from me?  Hmmm.




36 Weeks.  I wore the exact same tank-top yesterday (washed it overnight) because it's the only thing that's comfortable/decent (ie. stomach-covering) to wear in public.  I better not go overdue, or I may never leave the house (or always be caught wearing the same thing!).  Weight gain to date:  40lbs.  Yikes

No comments:

Post a Comment