Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Nap Time Update

(**There is a 2.5 year post below this one that I posted today**)

Knock on wood...but I think our nap time woes are solved.  I hope this doesn't jinx it though...eek.

Matthew and Kayla now sleep in separate rooms for nap time.  Matthew sleeps in his own bed, and Kayla sleeps on mine (yes, mine.  She will not sleep on Jon's side).  The first day I had to sneakily tell Kayla to sleep on my bed, which she was thrilled about.  Matthew caught on by the next day that she was sleeping on my bed, and cried because he wanted to sleep on my bed (he LOVES sleeping on my bed...I just can't trust him in my room because he would probably spend the entire nap time playing with the on/off switch of our bedside lights).  I had to bribe him the first couple days with promising him a candy after he had a good sleep, and if I had to come into his room to put him back into bed I was going to eat his candy...which I actually did a few times, right in front of him!  He FREAKED out.  I think it worked though, because now he goes to sleep instantly.  Kayla asked today to sleep on her own bed though...I guess the novelty of sleeping on my bed has worn off.  I just told her she was the special one and that Matthew would just fool around and then proceeded to tuck in all of her teddies and I guess she forgot about it.  Anyways, here's hoping this new nap time success continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment