Friday, September 20, 2013

37 (and a half) Weeks

My Mom is home again, so I went back to work on Thursday and Friday this week.  It was weird having to go to work again after two weeks off.  With Matthew and Kayla's pregnancy I would have been done work already on Wednesday.  I'm hoping to get another 1.5 weeks in still.

I had my 37-week appointment yesterday (Thursday).  My blood pressure is still perfect, hemoglobin levels are good, and tested negative for Strep B.  My platelet levels are a little low, so the doctor (not Dr. Ng, but a 'substitute' doctor again) warned me that the hospital will re-draw my blood when I go into labour, particularly if I want an epidural.  Ummm...YES.  :)

Baby Struik's heart rate was 138 (down from 155 at the previous appointment).  I'm measuring 39.5 weeks, and so the doctor has confirmed, once-again, that it will not be a small baby.  Not a large baby, like my sister-in-law (!), but a good eight-pounder.  The sooner I go into labour, the better :).  Baby Struik hasn't dropped, but the doctor says it's likely like s/he won't drop as it often doesn't happen until labour starts for second pregnancies.  Baby Struik has been very cooperative and is still head-down.  I frequently have Braxton Hicks contractions, and so it's neat to see exactly how Baby Struik is laying...with his/her body on my right side with his/her feet on top of my right ribs.  I don't feel any kicking anymore, it's just all rolling and pushing.  Frequently I'll see little mounds poking out of my stomach - it's fun trying to figure out what body part I'm feeling.  A foot?  Knee?  Ankle?

Baby Struik's room is almost all ready: clothes are in the dresser, bedding is on the crib, car seat/swings/bouncy chair covers are all washed and clean.  I just have to put the bedding on the cradle and then I think we're good to go.  I started throwing some things into my hospital bag as well.  I can't believe that it's been 2.5 years since I last went through this.  I feel like I was way more prepared last time.  There's still a few cleaning projects around the house that I would like to have done still...but it's not crucial.



(Yes, we FINALLY got around to hanging things on the walls!)

No comments:

Post a Comment