Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Maternity Clothes

My sister-in-law, Laura, graciously offered her maternity clothes for me to borrow - to which I obviously said YES!  So, out came the maternity clothes this week!  It's nice having some more modern clothes to wear that actually are meant for a round (or becoming round) belly.  Kayla was more than willing to help me go through the bin from Laura this evening.  She would take out each article of clothing, give me her opinion on it ("Oh, I like this colour Mom!") and then lay it on the ground for me to grab and try on.  She was such a fantastic helper, and so encouraging, "Mom, you look beautiful!" as I sport only my bra and a pair of capris.  "Mom, you could wear this (a dress) to a wedding!  I've never seen you wear a dress before!"  Which is true, I don't wear dresses.  It was a lot of fun.  So thankful that she loves clothes more than me - I'll need someone to help me with my wardrobe, especially because I hit the big 3-0 tomorrow.  Yikes.  I'm getting old.  I often feel like I'm 24 though - that counts for something, right?

1 comment: