Wednesday, February 11, 2015

16 Weeks

What to say, what to say, what to say?  I don't think I've allowed the reality of having four kids quite sink in yet.  My (growing) belly is still hide-able behind my ever-so-loved black (once) puffy vest, and so I often 'forget' that I'm pregnant.  I'm anxiously awaiting being able to feel movements.  With Nathan I felt kicks just after 15 weeks, so I know it could be any day now potentially.  I look forward to it.  It will allow me to become more confident and will allow me to start bonding.

I've gained seven pounds thus far, but I think I'm eating less than I did with Nathan and so I'm hoping my weight gain won't be as much with him either (45+ pounds).  I'm still managing to wear my regular jeans, surprisingly to me because with Nathan I was in maternity jeans at 13 weeks, but I think I don't have too much longer.  I had to throw my jeans out after Nathan was born, so I get to buy myself a new pair to wear this time around.  

I usually get a five-to-ten minute nap in the afternoon on the days when I'm not working, while Nathan is napping and Matthew and Kayla are watching cartoons.  Oh, how I love that nap!

Matthew is quite convinced that I'm having a boy, and Kayla is certain I am having a girl.  They were fighting the other day and so Matthew told Kayla that, "she was going to have another brother."  Kayla lost it.  She was SO angry.  He got her good!  Jon thinks that we need to find out the gender of this baby just so that Matthew and Kayla can be emotionally prepared!  My ultrasound isn't for a few weeks yet so we have a little bit of time to decide whether or not we want to find out the gender.

Other than the above, nothing else is new.  I'm plugging along at work, diligently keeping track of my hours so that I can make sure that I have enough to qualify for a maternity leave!  I should be okay, so long as I can continue to work my 16 hours a week.

1 comment: