Wednesday, May 27, 2015

31 Weeks



31 weeks, and.............now I feel like time is going quickly.  So quickly, in fact, that Matthew, Kayla, and I pulled out my boxes of newborn/0-3 month girls clothes and took a look at it all before I dumped it into the washing machine to freshen it up.  I had forgotten about so many of the outfits/onesies I had!  I'm suspecting that Miss Baby Struik will not be small, so I'm skeptical that she will even get to wear any of the newborn size clothing.  I made my first new purchases for Miss Baby Struik and bought a new diaper bag (my current one is completely falling apart from being so well loved) and a new pack of pink receiving blankets.

I'm starting to feel quite pregnant.  The past few days my stomach has felt super tight/stretched by the evening and it feels quite heavy.  The days that I'm at work seem to be the most difficult, because I'm sitting all day.  I come home with swollen ankles and a sore belly from being squished between my legs and ribs while I sit at my computer.  Today was a busy day: I worked from 8:15 to 4:30, came home and cleaned up all the kids' bags from being at my mom's all day, ate dinner, played with the kids, washed and folded three loads of laundry, made dinner for tomorrow, and worked for the greenhouses for 40 minutes.  I'm glad I'm done working for the week, so it will be nice to get my feet up a bit more (hopefully!).

I have a doctor's appointment early tomorrow morning (8:20am!), but I have to stop by the hospital first to pick up my Rhogam shot so the doctor can give it to me (we forgot/postponed it last week).

Miss Baby Struik still scares me every day.  The combination of me being quite busy and her not being active 24-7 definitely makes me push my belly around when I realize I haven't felt her a while.  And then she kicks me, and I'm content again :)  She definitely has become stronger, and I'm starting to "play" with her when she is quite active, trying to figure out which part of her body is pushing out at me.  Like Nathan, most of the movement is felt under my belly button and on my right side.

In spite of the things mentioned above, this pregnancy continues to go really well!  I may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm not...I'm just trying to be thorough in documenting every couple week how I'm feeling.

1 comment: