Monday, November 9, 2015

"Olivia, You're Disgusting!"

That expression can frequently be heard coming from my mouth.  You see, Olivia is a spitter.  A disgusting spitter.  An absolutely disgusting spitter.  The amount of spit-up that comes out of her mouth all day long makes me wonder how she can actually be gaining weight.

I've tried different formulas, I've tried feeding her less, but more frequently.  I've tried burping her often during a feed, I've tried not burping her at all.  She's been using Gerber First Essentials bottles (which Matthew and Kayla used, but were also spitters (just not as bad)) so I tried Nuk buttles (which Nathan used and was not a spitter), but she couldn't figure out how to drink from them.

I did a little research (aka. used Google!), and went out to buy a Dr. Brown's bottle today.  They say they're the best for babies who spit up, so we're giving it a shot!  I'm not one to spend money, but after Olivia spit all over me in Costco, and then all over the floor in Costco twice I knew it was time to do something.  Olivia has had four feedings from them and hasn't spit up at all after the last three, so I'm hopeful that this is the answer!

1 comment:

  1. THat was our Koen--bad reflux! If he was held upright for about 20 minutes after feed (without jostling) it would stay down :) Hope the Dr. Brown's bottle works for you!

    ReplyDelete