Monday, July 26, 2010

We're Pregnant!

YAHOO!

So...last night I went to bed around 10:30pm (after beating Jon in a game of crib!). I woke up around 2:00am/2:30am wide awake. I decided to use the expired home pregnancy test I had (it said it expires July 2010) as it was our last opportunity to use it and I figured it might allow me to 'rest' more because my mind wouldn't be racing. I did it, and it was positive, although I kept in mind that it could be a false positive due to the expiration date. I woke Jon up to show him and he smiled and went back to sleep. I, on the other hand, did NOT go back to sleep. I couldn't, no matter what I tried! My stomach was growling at one point so I got out and had a few crackers, and got out another time to go on the computer to tire myself out, but nothing worked. I eventually got up at 5:00am and played piano for 20 minutes before getting ready to leave for my blood test.

I got to LifeLabs just as they opened at 6:30am so I was out of there and at work by 7:00am. I only worked until 1:00pm because I didn't want to get "the call" from Genesis while I was at work. Jon only worked until 2:30pm so that he would hopefully be home for the phone call.

We both sat on the couch (dying of heat) waiting for the phone to ring, but it never did. At 3:15pm I called them and left a message for the nurses to ask when I would hear the results (I had initially been told that if I did the blood test first thing in the morning they should have the results by the end of the day). A nurse called back at 3:50pm and said the results weren't in yet so we wouldn't find out until the next afternoon. Oh well. We went to my parents' to tell my Mom so that they wouldn't still be waiting for the results (and so that the celebratory steak dinner she had taken out would have to be saved for possibly the next day). Little did we know that while we were gone, Genesis called and left a message to say that they did receive the results after all, and that "congratulations, it's very good news!" They'll call us tomorrow with more details (I would assume that means my beta number and date for my first ultrasound). As soon as we heard the message we went back to my parents' and Jon asked my mom if "she still had the steaks out for dinner?" At least we were kinda able to surprise our family after everyone had already been told that we had to wait one more day to find out.

So ya, that's our good news! Thank you, God! Here's hoping (and praying) for a smooth next 8 weeks until I'm in the second trimester!

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAYYYY!!!!! I swear I've checked this thing every 5 minutes for the last 3 hours! We are so excited for you guys! I feel like I could cry. Hope you have a good first trimester! See you Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete