Saturday, January 28, 2012

Links & Socks

I have a basket with about a hundred coloured links that Matthew and Kayla love to play with.  Every time we play with them I hold them up one by one and state what colour that link is, usually in a super high or super low or crazy voice.  They love it.  Matthew bursts out laughing every time.  Anyways, we were playing with them today, and I had only chosen a couple to name.  Five minutes later, Kayla picks one up, holds it out to me, and babbles.  I stated the colour, she put it down, and quickly picked up another one, held it out, and babbled.  We did this for quite a while!

Once she tired of playing with the links, she crawled over to the window.  I noticed that she was missing a sock, so I asked her where her sock was.  She looked up at me and started pulling off her sock.  Coincidence?  Or did she understand (to a degree, or course) what I was saying?

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute!! What a little smartie pants. I love that Matthews so easily entertained! What a good mom you are ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a genious child, I tell you!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it that Matthew laughs so easily. Kayla is so easy to teach. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete